Wednesday 11 January 2012

Response to Se7en

I just watched the video on Huda's post about Se7en and I really liked it.
I really like the dark lighting and the flickering images, and the way the director has chosen to go down the more symbolic route rather then clearly showing the actor's faces.
This kind of opening is just the kind of thing I had in mind for our opening.
There are some options on iMovie which let you create an old movie-style flicker effect but I think the best way to do this would be to insert very short clips inbetween the 'regular' clips. The short clips would be more distorted then the other ones.

1 comment:

  1. I like the opening sequence too, I thought it would be nice to work around as we discussed that a symbolic opening with deep meanings like Se7ven would suit our thriller opening the most.

    ReplyDelete