Sunday 1 January 2012

Transsiberian (2008)

This film was on TV a few days back and I thought that the soundtrack was great in terms of creating tension and suspense.
This trailer gives a sense of what the music is like:




It starts off with atmospheric synths, strings, bells and cymbals and then drums are played once the action starts to come in.


When we compose our soundtrack I think that synths and strings would be good to include because they do create a sense of mystery and intrigue. I think that if we included drums then it would make it sound more like an action/adventure soundtrack.


The soundtrack wasn't the only interesting thing about this film. I really liked the way that throughout the film, Emily Mortimer's character takes photos which at the time don't seem that significant but then later on they are used as evidence. I think the idea of photos would be a good starting point for our opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment